Randstad Project manager - 22166 in East Setauket, New York
Project manager - 22166
In accordance to Rockwell’s New Product Development process, the Project Manager will lead, coordinate and manage various new product developments through all phases of planning, engineering, testing, release and subsequent support.
Project management responsibilities include scheduling, planning, budgeting and implementing engineering management across multiple functional areas. Responsibilities will also include identifying, establishing and coordinating external resources for product development and factored product acquisitions with domestic and international partners. The Project Manager is accountable for results and is responsible for providing updates on project progress. The Project Manager will also assist in the development of business and marketing strategies and optimize the performance of new and existing product lines to achieve financial objectives. In depth product knowledge, business objectives and portfolio planning is required.
• Provide project management of internal and external new product developments with minimal direction, requiring planning, resourcing, scheduling, project cost forecasting/monitoring, reporting and providing technical coordination guidance across multiple functional areas. Ability to manage multiple human resources and project finances.
• Defines project team's resource requirements which support the project's goals with respect to time, budget and quality through negotiation with resource managers.
• Provides in depth and advance knowledge in the project management discipline. Responsible for financial, applied technology and schedule performance of assigned projects within cost limitations & established standards.
• Develops project investigation and implementation schedules-facilitates work breakdown structures. Manages project cost estimates.
• Identifies, manages and mitigates project risks, resulting in proactive contingency planning as required.
• Provide project related technical, interpersonal, motivational leadership and performance management of teams throughout all phases of the project including resource allocation, task planning, progress tracking and recognition.
• Applies interpersonal skills required to lead, motivate and resolve conflict within a project team environment so that scheduled activities are performed in a cost effective and timely manner. Leadership skills are recognized with business unit.
• Independently identifies, manages and mitigates project risks, resulting in proactive contingency planning as required. Demonstrates bias for action and issue resolution.
• Takes accountability for meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
• Ensure team member goals align with project objectives, facilitate team decisions within guidelines, and effectively communicate business issues/directions to team and management. Plan, schedule and organize product development projects, using the input and skills of team members.
• Provides performance feedback assessment and coaching for team to Business/Functional managers. Holds teams accountable for deliverables.
• Reviews progress with the Business/Functional Manager or Program Manager and periodically with senior management.
• Develops an effective working relationship within SBU and across RA on a global basis.
• Culturally sensitive to working with internal and external global partners.
• Prepare project level financial documents: AR1 (project initiation and feasibility phases) and AR2 (project execution, release and closeout phases). Maintains and reports on financial and schedule metrics throughout each phase.
• Networks and partners with customers/vendors/partners and coordinates efforts to resolve complex problems, responds and delivers timely and cost-effective quality solutions. Responsible for understanding and measuring customer requirements for the projects under development.
• Participates in development of business and marketing strategies to optimize the performance of new and existing product lines. Applies advanced product knowledge for effective project completion.
• Knows and applies business metrics to assigned product developments and projects, tracking performance relative to business goals.
• Provides project updates to project stake holders to manage expectations and information access.
The project manager ensures thorough familiarity and compliance with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
• BS Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience (MS and/or MBA desirable); PMP, CAPM or other PM professional certification preferred.
• Typically 8+ combined year's experience in product development and project management. Proven ability to lead multiple teams, partner with management to resolve conflicts and obtain resources for projects. Effectively communicates and gives presentations (internally and externally). Proven ability to direct resources, plan project activity, meet commitments and balance financial budgets.
• Has successfully led multiple product development project teams and has a clearly recognizable knowledge of detailed product development processes, either within RA or related industry.
• A particular emphasis on industrial/motion control is preferred but not required.
Job Ref: 22166