Randstad NCC Technician in Tampa, Florida
date posted:Wednesday, January 2, 2019
industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
This position is located within a 24x7x365 network monitoring and support center. The Network Control Center (NCC) supports the Department Stores network. This position requires the incumbent to demonstrate expertise using network monitoring tools to monitor and operate 860+ network sites supported by 2700+ devices. Network troubleshooting is required to support voice, video and IP-data traffic. The Network Control Center (NCC) is staffed 24x7x365 and requires the incumbent to work 12 hours shifts. This is a shift position.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Responsible for proactively monitoring 2700+ network devices at 860+ Macy's locations
Provide 2nd level technical support for the MST network, including troubleshooting voice, video and data (IP) traffic
Documentation of network problems in Remedy IR data base system
Monitoring and trouble shooting DS0's, T1's, SIP, PIP, EVPL, DS3's, OC3s, BRI-PRI (ISDN), FIOS, EVDO, DSLs, and B1 circuits
Responsible for engaging Cisco TAC and working through router related problems
Responsible for engaging AT&T, Cincinnati Bell, Level 3, Sprint, Time Warner, Verizon IXC's and LEC/CLECs support groups to aid in trouble diagnosis and repair
Responsible for sending text pages to personnel with outage information and updates
Responsible for running outage teleconference bridges effectively and professionally
Responsible for completing daily / nightly NCC check lists and turn over documents
Responsible for taking customer calls and working with them to understand technical related issues
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (2-5 Years Experience in Each)
· General knowledge of telecommunications technologies including: TCP-IP, Packet Voice, WAN, Frame-Relay, MPLS, TDM, and LAN technologies, and the inter-working of these technologies. These would encompass voice, data, broadband, VoIP, IPT, and Internet services, and the deployment and implementation of these services
· Good knowledge and experience with the Internet Protocol (IP) suite is essential, including protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP, and their relationships and integrations in large-scale networks
· A first-hand working knowledge of network monitoring tools (HP OpenView, CIC-NetCool, Cisco WAN Manager, SolarWinds, NetView, RMON probes)
· Desired: Knowledge of Remedy trouble-ticketing database system used for IR's and Change Management
· General understanding of the overall industry direction with regard to telecommunication technologies and the applications they will support.
· Knowledge of Cisco router products (2600, 2800, 3600, 3700, 3900, 5300, 7200, 7500, ASR)
· Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively document network outages and activities performed to restore outages
· Excellent customer care skills including experience taking customer related technical calls.
· Previous networking experience in NOC / NCC environment
· CCNA and / or CCNP Cisco certifications
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· IPT and SIP experience
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
Technical Networking certifications are a definite advantage.
skills: TCP-IP, Packet Voice
MPLS, TDM, and LAN technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.